325/365: Six-Mile Ranch Cabin
The name of the pioneer who built this cabin has long been forgotten. Samuel E. Hatcher was the first reordered owner in 1891. Hatcher’s son Elmer, his wife and children lived in it during the 1890’s on the property then known as six-mile Ranch. That 2200 acre summer sheep range bordered Sunetha, a narrow-gauge railway station located directly across U.S. 160 from Pagosa Lodge.